Thursday, February 19, 2009

Lagoon Report for Thurs Feb 19th


Hey There!


Wow, what a great day! There is not a cloud in the sky, the air feels good with a sweatshirt on (or a couple of layers like me if you think low 60's is cold!) Its beautiful out to say the least. I hope that it continues on for the weekend and that everyone gets outside and enjoys.


I would like to share some thoughts and my experience as last night we had our very first Creative Arts meeting! We had two innovators show up along with Taylor and I. To be honest at first I was a little bummed out that more people didn't show up but I quickly realized as we got underway that, Oh My Gosh two people showed up, How exciting!! As I talked and tried to convey our passions and goals for this program I became acutely aware that three weeks ago NONE of this existed. As Taylor graciously reminds us all that even if we do something small that's more then what was being done three weeks ago. The meeting went well with A LOT of solid ideas of how we can take action NOW. We also discussed what needs to be done today, in the coming weeks and what our goals are a few months out.


I think the idea that surprised us all was, 'Why don't we have a sign on Park/Appian way advertising THE BLOG!' What a novel idea. This blog is quickly becoming a resource for volunteers, the community and a place to point interested folks, why not let more people know about it. One of my true goals is to reach out to the immediate surrounding community and help change peoples perspective of this Beautiful Wetland area and allow people to feel comfortable enough to enjoy it!



To say the least it was a great night and it left the four of us Very excited about our next meeting (next Wed 2/25 @ 630). We have some direction of what needs to happen and excited to see those activities get underway.



Here is a glance at what we covered last night. You can check out our New Colorado Lagoon Discussion Group in Google. I'll have a link for it soon. Its a place where we will post notes from meetings, express ideas, ask questions and connect with others from the group.





I don't know if you can feel the energy in the air but its vibrating and I know I'm smiling about it!



Have a great day!



~Timothy

1 comment:

  1. It was a great meeting! Great ideas, wonderful enthusiasm and it created an even better potential for growth. There are definitely vibrations.

    ReplyDelete